I love marshmallow squares but always realize that I only make these tasty treats during the holiday season (which is probably a good thing). The Hubby is also a huge fan of these squares so I have to be careful when I make them because we could easily inhale an entire batch while watching Christmas movies.
What I love the most about marshmallow squares is that you can do them in under 20 minutes (maybe even less) and have something to take to a last minute holiday gathering or an office party.
And you can also play around with the flavors by changing the marshmallows and add-ins.
So I gathered all my basic ingredients: butter, peppermint marshmallows, cereal.
I obviously thought I had all my ingredients…but then I had a genius idea, add white chocolate chips!
So instead of gathering new ingredients to re-do photo above, I have a nice photo of scattered white chocolate chips. Hope that’s cool. ;)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10oz bag peppermint marshmallows
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Grease 13″ x 9″ pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter on medium heat. Once melted toss in the peppermint marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove melted butter and marshmallows from heat and mix toasted rice cereal. Make sure to mix quickly to avoid the marshmallow getting too sticky.
- Add in white chocolate chips and continue to mix.
- Once it’s all well mixed together transfer to your greased pan. Press down so that it’s as even as can be.
- Let marshmallow squares cool. Then cut into smaller squares. Enjoy!
Do you have any recipes that you save for the holiday season?
Photos by Blush + Jelly