Today I have a little treat for you. It’s going to be a 2 post/ 2 recipe kinda day. That rarely happens, but when you have 10 pounds of Northwest Cherries and lots of ideas brewing in your head – it happens. :)
I’ve made infused vodkas before but never thought of using cherries to infused it with. So I gave it a try. I’ve had the bad luck of trying lots of cherry drinks that end up tasting like medicine so I was a little worried about the outcome.
Anyways – I decided to go with it and love how it turned out! After this I will never buy fruit flavored vodkas again – I will just infuse it. ;)
Plus, it’s so easy to make! These could be great party favors or a fancy gift for someone who enjoys making cocktails.
My routine for pitting cherries: Pit cherries. Eat half of them. Realize I need more for my recipe. Pit more cherries until I stop eating them and have enough to fill the jar.
- 1 cup Vodka (I used 80 Proof)
- 2 cups pitted Cherries
- Wash and pit cherries. I used my OXO Cherry Pitter, which is super handy.
- Add pitted cherries into jar. Pour vodka until jar is filled. For my recipe I used a 16oz mason jar. Seal.
- Place jar in a dark, cool place for 3-5 days. Shake daily.
- Once it's ready, strain the vodka to avoid little pieces of cherry staying in the vodka. Store in fridge and enjoy with your favorite cocktail.
In just a few I will be sharing a recipe that you can use your infused vodka with. Stay tuned!
Photos by Blush + Jelly