^ Yum ^
^ Drool ^
Last night taxes were done. So I am sure you can imagine how I feel right now. But no one wants to hear about my taxes and I can’t even deal with all of that right now. So lets ignore this important topic and talk about something more important (and tastier): doughnuts.
Yup. It happened again and I am not sorry.
This weekend I decided to try a rose flavored doughnut. I love rose macarons so why not a rose doughnut. The outcome: amazing. Especially after dealing with taxes. Just makes things better.
Rose syrup isn’t the easiest thing to come across so you can order it here.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp rose syrup
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp rose syrup
- 1 tsp water
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease doughnut pan.
- Mix buttermilk, rose syrup, melted butter, and egg. Once mixed add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix.
- Pour batter into doughnut pans. Fill about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Doughnuts will be golden.
- Once done remove and let cool in the baking pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack.
- When cooling prepare rose flavored icing. In a bowl add powdered sugar, rose syrup, and water. Mix until smooth. If you feel that the icing is too thick add water in small increments until a glaze-like consistency. Glaze doughnuts.
Photo by Blush + Jelly