After Halloween a colleague gave me a bag of mini Snickers bars so that I could bake something with them. Now it’s January and I am just getting around to it. I seriously need to get it together.
I love cheesecake but usually stay away from making it because I always feel like it requires such a big batch. Plus, my lack of patience always makes me dislike the whole “wait for the cream cheese to soften” situation. But I’m working on my patience and decided to wait for the cream cheese to soften. Totally worth it.
The best/worst part of these mini cheesecakes is that they don’t even require a plate or spoon to eat. Quick and easy serving for guests or your co-workers. ;)
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, crushed into small crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Snickers bar
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake baking pan.
- Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Add about 2 tablespoons of graham cracker mixture per each space, press onto bottom. I used about 1 tablespoon of this mixture per liner.
- In your mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add your egg to the mixture, until evenly mixed.
- Turn mixer off and pour chopped Snickers bar into the mix. Mix everything together. Pour mixture over graham crust. Fill about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, center should be set. Let it cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once completely cooled, carefully remove liner and drizzle caramel sauce over the cheesecake. Dig in!
Adapted from Kraft Recipes