Did you know that your mail carrier doesn’t have to drop of your mail if the mail box is blocked. And I don’t mean blocked like no one has access, just blocked like your car is within that area and he/she will have to actually get out of their truck to deliver your mail.
What happened to “Neither snow nor rain…” – apparently you can get mail if the place is covered in snow, not if your car is parked near the mailbox.
So if you block your mailbox they skip you. It’s like you lose your turn in mail. Then it gets delivered whenever he/she feels that it’s ok.
Yup – it’s how it works. And they will probably be angry with you. Even though you can’t move the car, because parking it further up will mean you are parking in the neighbors zone. It’s awesome. Not really.
But you know what’s awesome? S’mores.
What something even more awesome than that – then how about s’more brownies? Yup. It’s MAJOR.
- For Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- For Brownie:
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 9-12 rectangle pieces of Hershey’s chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add mixture into the baking pan. Spread evenly. Use your hands to press down on the crust so it’s nicely packed together. Bake crust for 5 minutes.
- Chop semi-sweet chocolate baking bar into medium size chunks. In a double boiler (over simmering water) add the chocolate chunks and butter. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove mixture from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until blended.
- Add mixture over the graham crust. Place pieces of Hershey’s chocolate rectangles on top of the brownie mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread mini marshmallows over the brownie. Turn oven to broil and place pan back in. Please be very careful doing this! Marshmallows will burn if you leave them in there too long. Just stay looking at the pan while its broiling. About a minute is enough.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Cut into squares and share the goodness.
Recipe adapted from Ghirardelli.
Photos by Blush + Jelly