Every single year I tell myself that I am going to make an advent calendar for Christmas. Then life happens and I get ridiculously busy baking cookies, wrapping gifts, or moving – then I just let time slip by and it’s too late to work on one.
I had a little bit of spare time once we settled into the new house and thought, “Well I didn’t do an advent calendar for Christmas, but why not for Valentine’s Day?”. So I gathered a few supplies that I had at hand and went to work!
I truly love this idea because it’s a great way for the Hubby and I to make some time in our busy schedules to celebrate our love (Whoa, that was extra cheesy! I apologize!).
I created little printable that you can download and write some fun date night ideas and place then in each envelope. We split the 14 days and wrote some fun and cheap ideas of some fun activities that we could do and I am excited for February to get here!
Materials I used for creating this Valentine’s Day Advent Calendar:
14 Small white envelopes (I used 4Bar envelopes that measure 3.5” x 4.25”)
14 Mini clothespins
Glitter nail polis
Download this Printable: Valentine's Day Advent Calendar Printable (207)
1. Gather 14 envelopes and draw pretty numbers on the front. I used metallic markers in purple and pink to decorate my envelopes.
2. I then got 14 mini clothespins that I purchased at the dollar store and painted them with red glitter nail polish to add a little shine to them. ;)
3. Print out this printable or use small notecards to add a little date night activity (like ice cream date, popcorn and movie night at home, or board game night). Insert cards to corresponding envelope. Seal envelopes with washi tape for no peeking!
4. Cut a piece of baker’s twine and hang. I hung my calendar in front of our bed so we could check the card every morning.
5. Hang little envelopes and start counting down for Valentine’s Day!
You can also do this for the kiddos and add some fun activities such as crafting or baking.
Download Printable: Valentine's Day Advent Calendar Printable (207)
Photos and Download by Blush + Jelly