If you are anything like me, you’ve probably been eating plenty of ice cream to keep cool from the intense heat waves that have been taking over this summer – but it’s bathing suit season so we need some balance. What better way than with a refreshing salad!
When it comes to making a salad I don’t really follow any recipe. Just somewhat go with what I can find in the fridge and pantry, mix it together, and then eat! While experimenting with my new salad spinner I did come across a good mix.
Enter this giveaway by filling out Rafflecopter form below! Giveaway will be ending July 16, 2012 (at 12:01 AM Eastern Time)!
Spinach + Sweet Potato Salad
For the salad:
Fresh spinach leaves
Oven roasted sweet potato (see below for recipe)
For the dressing:
1. Start with your sweet potato. Slice (or dice) sweet potato and mix with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and minced garlic (to your liking). Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool.
2. While sweet potato is cooling, gather your ingredients.
3. Wash your spinach leaves and place in the salad spinner. Let it work it’s magic then place on serving dish.
4. Add on chick peas, candied pecans, and sweet potato.
5. Add lemon, sea salt, and pepper to your liking. Mix it all up.
Image by Blush + Jelly
Disclaimer: I received 1 OXO Salad Spinner to review and keep, and 1 OXO Salad Spinner to giveaway to 1 lucky reader. All opinions are always my own and do not reflect the company.