DIY: Instagram Photo Strip Template

The other day I noticed that I have uploaded over 680-something photos on Instagram. It’s intense. That is the main app I use on my iPhone (apart from Tweet Deck).

With all these photos available I wanted to use a few photos to do a fun little project. I decided to setup a little template for an Instagram photo strip. These are fun to hang by your desk, use as a bookmark, or send to a friend. :)

You can download the PSD file if you have Photoshop. I have also included a JPG file that anyone can download. Have fun gathering your photos and making these little photo strips.

Download Instagram Photo Strip Template: PSD File | JPG File

Would love to see the photo strips you create! Send me a link or tweet me a pic!

xo,

Meli

Comments:

1. Thanks so much! What perfect timing to save me from making my own! Just FYI your psd link isn’t working.

2. Hi Jen!
    Thanks for the heads up. Link is now working. Hope it helps. :)

3. kelsey says:

How do you get the photos off of instagram to put on the photostrip?

4. Thanks a lot for the template! I made 7 strips & used glossy paper. Amazing results! This is my very first time here & I guess from now on, i’ll be visiting this blog a lot! Thanks again ^^

5. Kelsey,
    You can get your instagram photos by plugging in your phone to your computer and getting the photos (that save in your photo gallery).
    Another way is by using websites such as http://www.instagrid.me or http://www.web.stagram.com – all you need to do is sign up for an account and you can download your photos from there.
    I know there are other websites that offer this as well but those are two that I’ve used. :)

6. So glad you’ve used the template to print on your photo strip! :)
    And welcome! Hope you enjoy the blog!
    xo!

7. oh, oh, looove this idea! thanks for the template!
    xo

8. oh bummer, i can’t get the PSD file to work, is it fixed by chance, this is so cute, I really want to do it!

9. This is awesome! A perfect template. I’m printing out eight strips for my best friend’s birthday, so she can hang them in her dorm and remember all the fun times we had over the summer. (:

10. So glad to hear that you are making some prints! I would love to see a picture of it if you post them. :)

11. Maria says:

Oh I´m a IT morron and I don´t know how to make this work. When I click the JGP the picture comes up. But how do i put pictures on it?
    Hope you can help because this is such a great idea :o)

12. Hi Maria – sent you an email with how to set it up using the JPG file. Let me know if you are still having difficulties. :)

13. Sadie says:

Hi there! I really love this idea but I had the same question that Maria did. Would you mind sending me the instructions on how to set it up with the JPG file too? Thanks so much!

14. I want to use this template for “regular” pics, not instagramed ones…I have photoshop elements and downloaded your template, but can’t figure out how to put the pics on the strip. It keeps asking me “would you like to simplify the layer?” Hmmmm…

15. Aubrey says:

I have downloaded the photostrip and my instagram photos onto my computer but now I cant seem to get the photos to the photostrip. Help?

• Meli says:

If you want you can download the JPG version and open it in Ps Elements. Then you can use the template as a guideline. Make your instagram photos into 260 x 260 pixels and place directly over the gray boxes. This will help you align the photos correctly. You can open the JPG version in any image editing program or publisher. :)

16. Stephanie Call says:

I do not have photoshop. Could you send me some instructions on how to use it on a MAC computer? I really want to do something like this for our Christmas cards! Thanks so much for you help! So nice of you! stephcall4@gmail.com

17. Kallie says:

Hi, I also don’t have photoshop. I am able to open the template on my iMac and then I am not sure how to put the pictures into the template, help! Thank you, the template is great!

18. Kallie says:

Ok, thank you, I downloaded elements photoshop free trial ( 30 days) so now I am able to open it up in photoshop and I have a few instagrams in my photo bin along with the template, but when I drag them into the template the picture is huge and covers over half of the template! I tried to resize it, but the picture became very distorted, help please!

Thanks!

19. I am having the same problem that Maria had with the JPG file but I cannot put my pictures from webstagram on the template. Please contact me soon if you are not too busy during this holiday season. This project has become all too time consuming. I was hoping to make these photostrips a simple holiday gift.

Thank you!

• Meli says:

Hi Mary,

Hope this helps!

20. Julie says:

Hi there!!

How did you have these printed? Is there a place to print the strips, or is this a standard photo size that you cut?? If so, what size did you print these at?? Thanks so much :)

• Meli says:

Hi Julie!

I printed the photo strips on letter size paper (8.5×11). I just went with a matte card stock but you can use photo paper if you want a glossy finish. :)

21. Priscilla Joseph says:

Same question: how do i ge the photos onto the jpeg template?

• Meli says:

Hi Priscilla,

You can download the JPG version and open it in any image editing program (paint, publisher, etc). Then you can use the template as a guideline. Make your instagram photos into 260 x 260 pixels and place directly over the gray boxes. This will help you align the photos correctly. Hope this helps!

22. I made an app that does this automatically. Check it out! http://boothgram.com

23. Leslie says:

Hi, I was wondering the same thing as most people were above. I am able to get the JPG version but it only comes up as a picture and I’m not sure how to get the photos on there. I want to use this for a birthday coming up and I’m not so sure how to get the pictures on the template. If you get a minute please try to email me some directions, I can be a little clueless sometimes. :D

24. What a cute idea! Pinning!

25. Holly Biorn says:

I’m in the dark as to how to make the jpg template usable. So want to make late xmas cards…any last minute tips. I don’t know how to import pics into the gray boxes, just get a jpg.

• Meli says:

26. Evelyn says:

none of your templates are working :(

• Meli says:

Hi Evelyn,

I just tested out both of the downloads and it seems to be working correctly. Maybe try clicking on the download link once again. The file should download onto your computer so you can then edit them, :)

Hope this helps!

27. Julie says:

I LOVE your template and would like to use it to announce my pregnancy. Like several of the others have posted, I need some direction on how to use the PDF template. I don’t have Photoshop on my computer, so I’ll have to use the other one. I have a Mac, if that makes a difference. I’d appreciate any directions that could help me create one of my own.
    Thanks!
    Julie

• Meli says:

28. Susie Day says:

love love love this idea! i’m using this template as a cute little add on for my 21st birthday invites. Perfect with the 4 squares as I can have a baby image, primary school, secondary school and now. 2 questions …
    1. You said to change the instagram pictures into 260 x 260 pixels. How do I do this? I will use publisher on my mums windows computer as mine is a MAC.

2. How did you print your photo strips? I was thinking I could just take the file into office works and they could print the strip on a large sheet and I can just cut them individually, would thats work??

Thankyou, kind regards; Susie

• Meli says:

You can print them from home – either one by one or on a larger sheet and cut them out.

29. annabel says:

I cant get the downloads to work :( Any possibility you could send me an email with the files attached? I want to make my wedding save the dates with it! Thank you :)

30. Keeley Mendez says:

Hi there, I just found the awesome template you made! I was just wondering if you know of a way to make another template right next to it to print two per picture instead of one to save on paper? I was hoping to print about 100 for thank you’s and wasn’t sure how to do it or if it’s possible. Thank you!

• Meli says:

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the kind words regarding the template. Unfortunately at the moment I do not have time to make those changes to it.

If you are using the PSD format you can just duplicate the layers and then align them side-by-side.

If you are using the JPG format you can open in any image editing program (or Word/PowerPoint) and also align them side-by-side.

Hope this helps!